I upgraded my vCenter to 6.0u1b so I needed to upgrade my SRM 5.8 servers to 6.1. My first attempt to upgrade the 6.1 installer lambasted me for trying to go from 5.8 to 6.1, I needed to upgrade to 6.0 first.
After upgrading to 6.0, I did not see the Site Recovery Manager icon in the Web Client. This was a fairly common issue, simply restart the Web Client on both vCenters got things going.
The next issue was that I would open the plugin but BOTH sites would state:
“Client Connection: Not Connected to <SRM server> at :9086”
I did not have an option to re-pair or login to site.
Support had me un-install SRM (but KEEP the database), remove the com.vcDR extension in vCenter using this KB, and then re-install SRM. Note that I did not have to re-install the SRAs.
At first login, things looked the same but I WAS able to re-pair the sites. On one site it said it was connected to both sites, but I still had some issues browsing through the SRM tabs. It also would show an error popup in the lower right window that there was an invalid username/password trying to login to the remote site and that it could retrieve the site pairs. Using the second site, it would show not connected to both sites.
A second TSE actually had me try to login as firstname.lastname@example.org instead of my AD credentials. Surprisingly that worked fine from both sites. After talking to some vCenter TSEs he had me try moving the SSO identify source from integrated AD to LDAP (using this KB but in reverse). Logging in with my AD credentials worked fine. I did have to re-enter my SRA credentials but I’m not sure if this was due to the upgrade. Next week I’ll do the last part of the upgrade to 6.1.
I’m not sure what the drawbacks of using LDAP vs AD integrated (I thought there were some issues with kerberos login), but for now I’ll have to deal with it. I did submit a feature request, so hopefully they’ll address the issue at some point.